I’m getting some equipment repaired this week, so there won’t be new books out until next week. In the downtime, I’ve been working on all the behind-the-scenes things that I had been neglecting. Some notes:
- Apparently I have a Twitter account, so if you would like instantaneous updates on the details of running a bookbinding business, too bad; I haven’t even posted anything yet and I don’t have a phone that can do things like that. But I probably will use it to relay announcements and, I don’t know, book jokes? Anyway you can follow me here if you would like to: http://www.twitter.com/logosbinding/
- I started a Pinterest account and, while I am so far befuddled about what that website actually is, it seems to involve posting pictures of things, so I will be posting my book pictures up there. If that is something you are interested in, you can find my page here: http://www.pinterest.com/logosbinding/
- To complete my social media blitz here, you can also like me on Facebook! I’m pretty non-intrusive on all of these, and will mostly just be posting when I have books available. But if your Tumblr dashboards are anything like mine, it’s pretty easy to miss posts in the deluge of other posts, so it can be nice to have a more leisurely place to look through things.
- I’ve also figured out most of the details for the new line of books I will be starting on next week. They will be available in small, medium, and large sizes (I might also have a mini) and in basic, standard, and fancy-pants* varieties. Standard is essentially how they are now, basic is a stripped-down less expensive version, and fancy-pants has all the works including a spine ribbon and twice the number of pages.
- A new addition to the store will be a book made from a text block that I order already assembled, to which I will attach one of my usual covers. This cuts the construction time down by a ton, so I can sell them for much less. My current pricing scheme has these books at $16-$22, versus the equivalent standard versions which are priced at $22-$30.
- And finally, in order to clear out my old inventory before I start work on these new batches, keep a look out for a big sale on my Etsy store sometime soon!
* Naming not necessarily final